Melting Snowman Cookies
As the colder weather arrives, bright hanging lights, warm beverages, and the nostalgia for holiday baked goods follow. Need some ideas this season for fun holiday treats to add to your menu?
ACP’s Xpress ovens forced air convection and gentle microwave quickly bake cookies. The Jetwave™ produces soft and light sugar cookie for a unique and fun, decorated holiday cookie in just a few minutes.
- Product: Pillsbury Sugar Cookies, 16.5 oz. (500 g) tube
1. Preheat MCE14 to 375°F (190°C).
2. Cut Pillsbury sugar cookies ¼ inch thick (0.6 cm) weighing approximately 1.2 ounces (34 g).
3. Place 6 raw cookies onto a ¼ sheet pan evenly spaced.
4. Bake at the following settings in the preheated MCE14:
5. Remove from oven and let sit at least 3 minutes before attempting to remove.
- 6 large marshmallows
- Cookie Icing (white)
- Decorating Icing Tubes in Black, Green, Orange.
- Red and Green mini M&M’s
1. Spread cookie with white icing with back of a spoon. Let some dribble over edge for a “puddle” look.
2. Cut marshmallow in half crosswise.
3. With the cut side facing down, draw a snowman face with black decorating tube; make sure there is enough space between eyes and mouth for the nose.
(Note: If the snowman is to have a ‘hat’, place a mini Reese’s peanut butter cup on top of the marshmallow, using a small amount of icing as ‘glue’.)
4. Use orange icing to pipe out a “carrot” for nose.
5. Carefully place marshmallow towards one edge of the cookie.
6. Use the green decorating tube to fashion a scarf by outlining the base of the snowman head, “tying” the scarf at the center of marshmallow base and letting ends flow down and towards the side.
7. Use black decorating tube to draw hands with 3 fingers starting at the sides of the scarf.
8. Place 3 or 4 Red and Green M&M’s in a row, below the tied scarf, for buttons.
9. Youngsters of all ages will enjoy!