Roasted Turkey, Avocado, and Bacon on Ciabatta
Yield: 4 sandwiches
- 1 lb. roasted turkey breast, sliced
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1/2 cup plain hummus
- 12 slices of bacon
- 4 slices of swiss cheese
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted, peeled and thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 520°F.
- In a large, heavy skillet over moderate heat, cook 6 slices of bacon, turning occasionally, until crisp. Then transfer with tongs to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Repeat with remaining 6 slices and set aside.
- Slice each ciabatta in half and place on large baking sheet.
- Spread hummus evenly on top and bottom ciabatta halves.
- Place 3-4 slices of turkey on each ciabatta bottom.
- Lay 3 slices of bacon on the top ciabatta halves.
- Place avocado slices on top of the bacon.
- Place a slice of swiss cheese over the avocado slices on each sandwich half.
- Assemble the sandwiches and heat in the panini press equipped AXP at the following settings:
Time: 0:40 MW %: 50 Fan %: 60 IR %: 100