When it comes to the appetites of today’s consumers, less is more. NRA’s 2015 What’s Hot survey reports that 63% of respondents claimed small/half portions to be a hot trend.
While sliders, for example, have long been the result of a spontaneous quick-service craving, they now appear in many variations on full-service restaurant menus and supermarkets. The versatility of the slider allows an application to provide pre-made sandwiches on-the-go or fresh, on-demand.
Today’s mini-sliders go beyond the traditional “bun, burger, cheese, bun” compilation, though. Chefs from various genres have incorporated high end cuts of meat, fresh vegetables, unique cheeses and condiments that pack a punch.
Looking for a modern slider entrée that will catch the attention of hungry basketball connoisseurs during 2016 March Madness? ACP Corporate Chef Sandy Gibilisco’s Bang-Bang Chicken Sliders will do the trick!
Bang-Bang Chicken Sliders
Yield: Approximately 2 ½ dozen sliders
2 pounds large white meat chicken nuggets, frozen
½ head thinly sliced iceburg lettuce
3 dozen Hawaiian rolls, or small slider rolls
1 stick melted butter
6 Tbsp. hot sauce
3 Tbsp. dry ranch seasoning
2 Tbsp. sriracha hot chili sauce
¾ cup mayonnaise
1. Pre-heat AXP22 to 520⁰F (270⁰C)
2. Spray ¼ size sheet pan with non-stick spray
3. Whisk together all ingredients for bang-bang sauce
4. Place frozen chicken nuggets on pan and place in pre-heated oven
5. Heat at the following settings:
1:45 60% MW 70% Air 100% IR
6. With tongs, remove from pan and toss with bang-bang sauce in a bowl
7. Place sauced chicken nugget on slider bun and top with shredded lettuce
8. Serve with a small wedge of bleu cheese or celerys ticks, if desired
Note: for variation, toss cooked, breaded shrimp in bang-bang sauce for Spicy Shrimp Sliders