Fabrication Die Setter – 1st and 3rd Shift
ACP, Inc. has immediate opportunities available for a Fabrication Die Setter supporting our 1st or 3rd shift operation. 1st Shift Hours: 6 am – 4:30 pm; 3rd Shift Hours: 7:30 pm – 6 am, Monday-Thursday. The 3rd shift Die Setter position will be instrumental in learning our current fabrication press processes and supporting our expanded 3rd shift operations. *3rd shift position will work and train on 1st shift until approximately September 2019. ACP, Inc. is a division of the ALI Group and a leader in providing high-speed cooking solutions to the foodservice industry.
ACP, Inc. offers: a full-time 4/10’s work schedule; an excellent benefits package; a competitive starting wage at $17.25/hour (plus an additional $1/hour shift premium for 3rd shift) with a progressive wage structure for employees who are meeting or exceeding performance expectations with the ability to earn $19.40/hour (plus an additional $1/hour shift premium for 3rd shift) after 12 months of solid performance; plus monthly incentive bonus opportunities that reward employees for performing at a high level!
The Die Setter will set up, remove and stage dies. Operates fork truck. Performs quality and safety checks prior to releasing set-up to production in performing the following duties:
- Set up and remove dies.
- Stay one step ahead by preparing for next changeover.
- Make necessary adjustments using gauges, wrenches and special tools.
- Make trial run through die and give first piece inspection approval.
- Proper care of dies in storage racks.
- Proper lubrication used on dies.
- Inspect dies and inform team leader of any repairs needed.
- Repair dies such as replacing broken punches, bolts etc.
- Stones out scour marks on dies.
- Maintenance and up-keep of machines and related equipment.
- Make necessary machine and equipment adjustments to ensure safe operation and quality parts.
- Sign off on necessary documents.
- Comply with applicable KPI’s, process instructions and print specifications.
- Sustain 5S best practices in assigned area.
- Participates on Kaizen events and training.
- Perform other related duties assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous fabrication or die setter experience (prefer 2+ years).
- Display safety and quality disciplines daily.
- Strive to achieve or exceed KPI’s relevant to work area.
- Understand ISO requirements relevant to area.
- Read and comprehend standard work, process and quality instructions.
- Read blue prints and effectively use quality tools and instruments.
- Previous fork truck certification and experience, or be willing to be trained on this equipment.
- Must understand MSDS sheets relevant to work area.
Applications will be accepted at the Iowa Workforce Development Center in Cedar Rapids or visit the following web address to apply on-line: https://tinyurl.com/ya6smkmf