Fabrication Team Leader – 3rd Shift
ACP, Inc. is expanding and has an immediate opportunity available for a Fabrication Team Leader supporting our 3rd shift operation. ACP, Inc. is a division of the ALI Group and a leader in providing high-speed cooking solutions to the foodservice industry.
The 3rd shift Fabrication Team Leader position will be instrumental in learning our current fabrication processes and supporting our expanded 3rd shift operation. Will initially work and train on 1st shift and will transfer to 3rd shift (1st shift hours: 6 am – 4:30 pm; 3rd Shift Hours: 7:30 pm – 6 am, Monday-Thursday). This position will be a working lead person, providing day-to-day guidance, support and tools for high performance in attainment of quality, delivery, cost and safety objectives for the 3rd shift fabrication team.
• Participates as line support/direct labor production covering absences and rebalance to achieve production expectations (40-50% time estimated on average).
• Leads initiatives of assigned teams in the attainment of all Safety, Quality, Cost, Delivery and Housekeeping goals and objectives.
• Accountability for quality of product for assigned fabrication area.
• Provides assigned team with the necessary guidance, resources and tools needed to sustain a high performance work environment meeting safety and quality production requirements hour by hour.
• Must meet or exceed job requirements specific to fabrication department.
• Participative support of a ‘continuous improvement’ culture through Lean initiatives and disciplines, participating in Kaizen events, maintaining hour-by-hour charts, etc.
• Leads daily team communication meetings.
• Sets the example for conduct, work ethic, attendance, and results. Accountable for team performance and employee conduct in assigned area.
• Responsible for small assigned employee team on a shift, assures facilities maintained properly (shutdown end of shift procedures) and problem solving/care of employee issues.
• Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor/manager.
• High school diploma or GED plus 2-3 years related experience in a manufacturing environment.
• Must possess cooperative leadership and people skills, with prior small team leadership experience a plus.
• Previous fabrication/sheet metal technical knowledge or training. Solid working knowledge of CNC program troubleshooting for brake press and/or laser/turret desired.
• Excellent problem solving skills (root cause analysis, corrective actions for sustainment) to address hour-by- hour opportunities in assigned area.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision. Ability to communicate effectively, professionally, and independently execute production requirements with assigned team.
• Ability to interpret engineering drawings/manufacturing instructions of assigned area.
• Basic PC proficiency and data entry skills utilizing MRP and MS Office.
ACP, Inc. offers: a full-time 4/10’s work schedule; an excellent benefits package; a competitive starting wage with a progressive wage structure for employees who are meeting or exceeding performance expectations; plus monthly incentive bonus opportunities that reward employees for performing at a high level!
Applications will be accepted at the Iowa Workforce Development Center in Cedar Rapids or visit the following web address to apply on-line:
We are the hidden gem employer in SW Cedar Rapids! Check us Out!