Manufacturing Supervisor/Engineer – 3rd Shift
ACP, Inc. has an excellent opportunity for a has an immediate opportunity available for a Manufacturing Supervisor/Engineer for their 3rd shift operation. Will start on 1st shift assisting in setting up our expanded 3rd shift operation before moving to 3rd Shift. 3rd shift hours will be 7:30 pm – 6 am, Monday-Thursday. ACP, Inc. is a division of the ALI Group and a leader in providing high-speed cooking solutions to the foodservice industry.
This position will be the 3rd shift manufacturing engineering lead and will direct and supervisor the 3rd shift operations team. This will include supervising, coaching and leading the assembly, weld and fabrication team associates (processes: assembly, material handling, stamping presses, laser, turret, brake press, and welding operations), to ensure production schedules are attained while meeting safety, cost and quality objectives.
- Developing, evaluating, improving and documenting manufacturing methods and processes
- Assessment and resolution of day-to-day material, quality, fabrication, and assembly issues
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of safety, quality, cost reduction, and throughput. Perform statistical analysis and process capability studies to find and control variation in production processes. Conduct time studies within areas of responsibility as
- Lead and participate in investigation of manufacturing problems, provide root cause analysis and corrective action
- Ensure effective employee Provide employee coaching and development. Involved in the hiring decisions of our 3rd shift team members. Resolve employee issues through problem resolution.
- Lead daily team leader meetings to ensure effective communication and direction.
- Balance quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive results in all areas of responsibility. Work to continuously improve in all
- Focused on quality and continuous improvement including addressing quality questions and troubleshooting of quality
- Conduct various audits to ensure processes are being followed: including material audits, SPC Audits, welding pull tests, weld schedule audits, quality checks, etc.
- Maintain various reports/data to communicate production, scrap reporting, hour-by-hour/MDI boards,
- Conduct and lead various Lean manufacturing activities including Lean events and 5S
- Plan and coordinate work including resource allocation and overtime scheduling. Responsible for approval of employee’s timecards and record
- Train and motivate, monitor and evaluate performance of 3rd shift associates and ensure their ability to safely perform their duties. Actively involved in counseling and performance
- Provide support and direction with regard to troubleshooting equipment issues and daily preventative maintenance of equipment, die maintenance,
- Communicate issues and needs effectively with multiple areas of the business (operations, material handling, procurement, scheduling, etc.)
- Perform all other duties as assigned or needed.
- Requires Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or industrial engineering with 2-5 years of related work experience with proven results in cost and efficiency
- 3-5 years prior leadership experience in a manufacturing environment with proven results in effectively leading a manufacturing team including hiring and retention, performance management and counseling, and employee training and
- Ability to think ahead, and plan and prepare action plans to achieve results in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, cost and employee
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Strong root cause/problem analysis and resolution skills and
- Must be a strong team player and be highly motivated and able to work independently with an ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Previous Lean manufacturing methodologies experience and
- Must have basic computer skills and literacy with the ability to use a time and labor collection system, MRP, and basic reporting utilizing MS
- Leadership experience with assembly, welding, stamping, laser, turret, and brake press operations knowledge extent must be at troubleshooting knowledge ability.
Applications will be accepted at the Iowa Workforce Development Center in Cedar Rapids or visit the following web address to apply on-line: https://tinyurl.com/ybnzmlws