Regional Sales Director
This position will manage and be responsible for commercial sales activity in designated markets. Although this position has no direct reports, it does lead independent field sales personnel and internal cross-functional teams in the pursuit and closure of sales opportunities. The position is accountable for achieving monthly, quarterly and annual budgeted sales volumes and managing multiple sales growth projects.
- Lead sales activity through independent distributors and independent sales representatives to achieve sales and marketing objectives. The ideal candidate will be well versed in the dealer, consultant, and distribution market models, but also have end user sales experience.
- Develop, implement and maintain a sales plan that supports achievement of sales and marketing objectives through use of consultative selling, target account management, sales and product training, food application development and participation in cross-discipline teams.
- Gather and deliver market intelligence to help ACP, Inc. enhance its market position.
- Represent and promote Amana to foodservice groups and individuals at industry trade shows, special events and other related activities.
- Compile data and report on the status of territory sales performance.
- Provide monthly forecast for the assigned territory, in units and dollars.
- Manages expenses according to company policy.
- Weekly reporting.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience necessary.
- Food science or culinary education and/or experience strongly preferred.
- The ability to communicate persuasively and speak and write clearly to groups and individuals.
- Specific training/education in professional sales methods is desirable.
- Sales management experience with national scope and in the foodservice industry required.
- Project management experience is vital.
- Personal computer skills using MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint are necessary.
- Learn and use the company Customer Relationship Management tools.
- Proven track record of sales growth.
This position will require weekly travel across the U.S. and occasionally abroad approximately 75% of the time. This travel also includes several weekends a year at trade shows and other company and industry functions, as well as occasional overseas travel.