Energy Efficient by Design
Save time and energy by cooking and baking up to 15 times faster than conventional ovens with microwaves and high speed combination ovens from ACP!
Commercial microwave ovens by design are one of the most efficient and lowest cost appliances found in commercial foodservice kitchens. Commercial microwaves use up to 80% less energy than conventional ovens! Microwave ovens cut energy costs by only using energy when cooking—eliminating the need for pre-cooking and holding. During the cooking process, existing water molecules within the food are activated to create steam and shorten cook times even more. Plus there’s no need for costly ventilation!
Ever wondered exactly how much it costs to use an ACP oven on a daily basis? We’ll break it down for you:
Microwaves and Steamers
By using a high powered Amana® or Menumaster® Commercial microwave oven to steam or heat foods, operators can cut their equipment energy costs in half when compared to using an electric countertop steamer for the same tasks.
Microwave Energy Consumption Analysis
- 1000 Watt models (RMS and RCS): 28¢ per day
- 1200 Watt models (RFS and HDC): 37¢ per day
- 1700 and 1800 Watt models (RFS, HDC and RC): 51¢ per day
- 2100 and 2200 Watt models (MSO, HDC and RC): 59¢ per day
- 2400 Watt models (OnCue): 57¢ per day
- 3000 Watt models (RC and MSO): 81¢ per day
High Speed Combination Ovens:
ACP High Speed Combination ovens, which combine microwave energy with other proven cooking technologies, also offer energy savings over traditional equipment. With cooking speeds of up to 15 times faster than conventional methods, operators can cook more in less time while using less energy than larger,traditional ovens. Plus, no expensive, energy consuming vent hood is needed!
High Speed Oven Energy Consumption Analysis
- 1400 Watt models (ACE/JET): $1.25 per day
- 1900 Watt models (ACE/JET): $1.49 per day
- 1000 Watt models (ARX/MRX): $1.68 per day
- 2000 Watt models (ARX/MRX): $1.82 per day
- 2200 Watt models (AXP/MXP): $2.67 per day
Energy Costs by Wattage and Power Consumption… Parameters are:
Energy costs: $0.11 kWh*
Cook cycles per day: 100 cook cycles
Typical cook times: 60 seconds
*Energy cost estimate is based on the U.S. Energy Information Administration Independent Statistics and Analysis Report for commercial energy usage.
Cost per day in USD