ACP, Inc. has an immediate opportunity available for a Fabrication Manager. ACP, Inc. is a division of the ALI Group and a leader in providing high speed cooking solutions to the foodservice industry.
The Fabrication Manager will lead and support all aspects of manufacturing activities in fabrication/press and welding operations. This is a hands-on technical leadership role. Will provide leadership and guidance to the fabrication/welding supervisor who is responsible for directing, coaching and mentoring employees in fabrication area to perform jobs in accordance with established procedures and guidelines to insure quality, safety, productivity and delivery standards are met.
Responsibilities will also include sourcing new equipment, debugging, developing processes, evaluating department effectiveness, improving processes and documenting related methods and procedures to ensure the fabrication and welding team and equipment are set-up for success. Will lead the assessment and resolution of day-to-day fabrication issues while working closely with the fabrication supervisor on performance, execution and continuous improvement.
Candidates should have the following technical and leadership experience/knowledge:
- Stamping equipment operation, set-up, material flow, tool and equipment PMs, quality assurance methods, set-up reduction and general stamping/fabrication operations ideals.
- Proven experience with fabrication quoting and working with suppliers on tooling and equipment performance.
- Equipment knowledge in mechanical presses/transfer equipment/progressive tooling/coil fed machines and controls knowledge.
- Provide “manufacturability” input for design phase of projects to fit our equipment and/or optimize project costs and investment decisions.
- Ability to perform hands-on trouble shooting of electrical and mechanical equipment issues as well as part quality issues.
- Provide leadership and direction to fabrication/press and welding team and contractors; coach, train, counsel, and evaluate performance of team members against company production, safety, quality, and delivery metrics and goals.
- Soft tooling background with experience on turrets, lasers, and press brakes.
- Resistance welding/capacitive discharge (CD) welding knowledge and troubleshooting experience with hands on weld set-up preferred.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing, industrial or tooling engineering, or related technical field preferred, or equivalent combination of technical training and education coupled with related hands-on work experience.
- 5+ years related fabrication leadership experience in a high accountability culture and metrics driven environment
- Programming experience on turret, laser, and press brake and press controls preferred.
- Solid modeling knowledge/background a plus. Lean Six Sigma certified
- Must possess strong trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Must be able to create and maintain safety, quality and process documentation.
- Must have excellent communication skills with all levels of operation and leadership team.
Please visit the following web address to apply on-line:
Attn: Human Resources
225 49th Ave. Dr. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Pre-employment drug test required