Laser/Turret Fabrication Technician – 2nd Shift
Are you looking for a full-time 2nd shift, 4/10’s work schedule (hours 4:15 pm – 2:45 am), an excellent benefits package, a very competitive starting wage with the opportunity to receive monthly incentive bonus opportunities that reward employees for performing at a high level? If so, we are looking for a quality minded team member to join our fabrication team as a Laser/Turret Fabrication Technician and invite you to apply! ACP, Inc. is a division of the ALI Group and a leader in providing high speed cooking solutions to the foodservice industry.
This position will be setting up and operating our Laser, Turret Punch and PEM machine equipment in conjunction with support material handling equipment (tower, robotic brake press), in a safe and orderly manner, while meeting quality production requirements set forth as follows:
- Setup and operate Laser and/or Turret, along with auto loading material handling system.
- De-burr parts or performs other secondary operations during machine cycle, when needed.
- Trouble shoot programs, flat blanks, and edit programs, etc.
- Understand Turret tooling specifications, wear characteristics, tool selection process.
- Check part quality periodically per quality plan.
- Analyze drawings, design data, and setup sheets to determine proper setup process and control.
- Produce quality parts according to job ticket/kanban card/work traveler in the required time frame.
- Capable of understanding process and initiating process improvement for assigned equipment.
- Material handling as required.
- Work safety and abide by all safety rules and guidelines, making recommendations for improvement as needed.
- Package/stack/organize product produced in accordance to job ticket/kanban card/work traveler.
- Download programs/files, modifying as needed, to optimize performance and part yield.
- Locate and verify material required to produce parts per specified order trigger.
- Monitor equipment performance throughout cycle to ensure optimal operation of Laser/Punch, communicating needs to supervision/maintenance.
- Perform operator preventative maintenance as specified/required.
- Perform tool sharpening as required.
- All other duties as assigned.
- HS graduate or equivalent.
- Solid work history. Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing related education and/or work experience operating cutting Laser and/or CNC Turret punch.
- Blueprint reading, shop mathematics, and the ability to read a micrometer and/or caliper required.
- Working knowledge of CNC programs to interpret operational programming and troubleshooting required.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to exhibit good judgment related to safety, quality, cost and delivery of parts, processes and product.
- Must possess fork truck operations experience and/or certification or have a willingness to learn and be trained on this equipment.
- Mechanical ability and responsibility of assigned preventative maintenance of equipment.
Applications will be accepted at the Iowa Workforce Development Center in Cedar Rapids or visit the following web address to apply on-line:
Attn: Human Resources
225 49th Ave. Dr. SW
Cedar Rapids, IA 52404
Pre-employment physical and drug test required